Initiatives IndexEnhancing Services
Initiatives to improve the availability, delivery and effectiveness of mental health services for consumers, youth and family in Texas.
- Consumer, Youth and Family Perspectives
- Integrated Health Care: Connecting Body & Mind
- Texas: Many Cultures and Languages
- Children, Youth and Family Services in Houston
- Children, Youth and Family Services in San Antonio
- Reducing Seclusion and Restraint in Texas
Initiatives to address a widening gap between demand for and availability of highly trained, culturally diverse and consumer-oriented mental health workers in Texas.
- Texas Psychology Internships Initiative
- Bilingual Scholarships for Mental Health Workforce Diversity
- Ima Hogg Scholarships for Graduate Social Work Students
- Austin Area African American Behavioral Health Professionals
Improving Public Policy
Initiatives to support nonprofit advocacy and public policy work to achieve meaningful, systemic change in mental health services and to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions in Texas.
- Mental Health Policy Project Grants
- Mental Health Policy Academy and Fellows
- Policy Analysis and Information
- Texas Legislative Update
Conferences, training seminars, stakeholder meetings and other public events to highlight best practices, hot issues and trends in mental health.
- Robert Lee Sutherland Seminars
- Mental Health Conferences and Training Events
- Varner-Bayou Bend Heritage Fund
Initiatives to support academic research on mental health at Texas universities through grants, fellowships and financial assistance for dissertation research.
- Academic Research Grants
- Moore Fellowship for Doctoral Research
- Wallace Memorial Award for Dissertation Research
Scholarships and Fellowships
The Hogg Foundation awards scholarships and fellowships to promote the study of mental health and pursuit of mental health careers. Scholarships and fellowships are awarded through a competitive application process.